Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have a problem

One day shortly after my join date on secondlife of September 2, 2007 I started to stalk secondlife shoe stores. Now stalk is a strong word, but when you make your rez point and home point a shoe store you may be making the store owner nervous. After spending over 10k in one day at Minx shoes (I still love you even though your customer service sucks immensely and you havent updated your store shoes in over 8 months) I realize that if I spend time I can find the best in shoes on second life. I spent the last going on 2 years amassing a shoe collection that would make you cry.

During my quests I was fortunate to also find stores with some of the most gorgeous textures known in game. I realize that some of the "urban look" I had been wearing were complete trash based on what other designers were doing in game.

So then I had to move away from my shoe quest for a clothes quest, then a jewlery quests, then a pose quests, etc.

This promoted me to start a group called SL Shopping Spree where I spoke to some of the hottest designers and said hey. I know people who love to shop for GOOD stuff so why dont you give us a sale and we will always come to you 1st for our second life clothing. Guess what?!?!?! Egads it worked

The group has grown, the stores are always improving and the sales have become far more reasonable.

Listen designers I love you all. But if I go into one of my favorite stores and find out after a 4 months hiatus you do a "new outfit" thats really a old outfit with new colors and double the price IM A SHOPPER IM GOING TO KNOW.

Dont play your fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment